How to get rid of books:
- So you might read it eventually, but are you even excited? Keep the books you’re actually enthusiastic about reading.
- Does the content or subject matter uphold your current goals and values? Let go of books that only apply to your past.
- Are you keeping it because someone gave it to you? Give it away.
- Is it culturally outdated or obsolete? Pass it along. Plenty more where that came from.
- Are you really, actually going to read that again? Really? When?
- Does the first page grab your attention? Cool! Keep it!
- You think you really want all of them? Think again, or just aim to pull one book off the shelf each day. A fresh perspective makes it much easier to think rationally about what you’re actually going to read.
Let us handle the heavy lifting!
Getting rid of stuff is really, really hard. Once you've admitted to yourself that you don't need something, you still have to go to the trouble of finding out where to dispose of it. It takes time and energy, and we've seen too many people procrastinate about actually getting stuff out the door. That's why we're offering to do it for you. Schedule a pick-up today! (Contact Nicole at 847-609-9868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) They will be donated to one of the following amazing organizations, or a different organization of your choice:
Reach Out and Read is a nonprofit organization that makes early literacy a priority by giving books to hospitals’ pediatric exam rooms. Kids learn the importance of reading and being read to thanks to this great organization! www.reachoutandread.org
Chicago Books to Women in Prison takes your books and mails them to women all over the country who are currently in prisons. These women are grateful for any books that they receive! www.chicagobwp.org
Books 4 Cause is a national organization dedicated to building libraries in African countries. www.books4cause.com
- Pickup Fee For Books (Limited time only) - $15
- *Add an organizing session to help you decide which ones to donate and get 20% off the first hour!
- Pickup Fee For Non-Literary Donations, Shredding or Recycling - $25